Counseling for Anxiety
My clients often find themselves getting lost in “what-ifs.” For most of us, anxiety is an uncomfortable but fleeting feeling that pops up during particularly stressful times. Whether it’s over something big or small, anxiety can stop us from living a normal life full of joy and potential. It’s normal to feel anxious from time to time. I assist clients in uncovering the root cause of their anxiety and offer tools to cope.
Often, these are the symptoms of anxiety:
- Nervousness, restlessness or being tense
- Feelings of danger, panic or dread
- Rapid breathing or hyperventilation
- Increased or heavy sweating
- Trembling or muscle twitching
- Weakness or lethargy
- Difficulty focusing or thinking clearly about anything other than the thing you’re worried about
- Obsessions about certain ideas, a sign of obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Anxiety surrounding a particular life event or experience that has occurred in the past, a sign of post-traumatic stress disorder
Therapy can help to uncover the underlying causes of your worries and fears, learn how to relax, look at situations in a new, less frightening way, and develop better coping mechanisms and problem-solving skills.
If any of the above symptoms sound familiar, I encourage you to reach out to me and schedule a free phone consultation.